Implementation Help

Kent Brown kent.brown@fedex.com
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 08:56:52 -0600

I am having problems getting some hosts to communicate on the 6bone
and would welcome some assistance.  I have a Cisco 4500 configured
with the latest IOS for ipv6.  It appears to be working
correctly, and from the router I can ping any ipv6 address that I
have tried.  The machines under the router however are having
more problems.  I have a FreeBSD machine running 3.2 and KAME,
and a Sparc Station running Solaris 7 with the ipv6 stack from Sun.
>From either of these machines I can ping the default router
3ffe:1cde::1, or my end of the tunnel (3ffe:1cff:0:f2::2), but not
the other end (3ffe:1cff:0:f2::1).  When the machines first boot, I
can only ping the default port, not the tunnel until I replace the
default route to point to 3ffe:1cde::1 instead of the Link address
that is default in either OS.  The router has a single static route
of "ipv6 route 3ffe::0/16 3ffe:1cff:0:f2::1".

Has anyone else had similar problems, or am I making some glaringly
obvious mistake here?  Any assistance welcomed..

thanks,

Kent Brown
kent.brown@fedex.com