Joining the 6bone

Bob Fink fink@es.net
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:25:51 -0800

--=====================_167141344==_.ALT

Alim,

At 11:54 AM 1/12/00 -0800, Mohammad, Alimuddin wrote:
>Hi,
>
>The Boeing Bellevue campus in Seattle would like to get connected to the
>6bone.
>What  is the easiest/best way to do this?? Any help in this regard would
>be greatly
>appreciated.

Besides reading all the writeups on the 6bone.net pages, you do need to
find a 6bone pTLA/pNLA network that will host your site's connection.

Anyway, please read the how to join the 6bone page at
<http://www.6bone.net/6bone_hookup.html> and get back in touch with me
privately with any questions you may have.

>Also, would it be possible to access the 6bone, from behind a firewall???

Yes, if your firewall manager doesn't mind you punching a virtual network
hole through it for the IPv6 over IPv4 packets that will flow through it
(presuming you are doing a tunnel and not a native connect).

Bob

--=====================_167141344==_.ALT

Alim,<br>
At 11:54 AM 1/12/00 -0800, Mohammad, Alimuddin wrote:<br>
The Boeing Bellevue campus in Seattle would like to get connected to the
6bone.<br>
What&nbsp; is the easiest/best way to do this?? Any help in this regard
would be greatly<br>
appreciated.</blockquote><br>
Besides reading all the writeups on the 6bone.net pages, you do need to
find a 6bone pTLA/pNLA network that will host your site's
connection.<br>
Anyway, please read the how to join the 6bone page at
&lt;<a href="http://www.6bone.net/6bone_hookup.html" eudora="autourl">http://www.6bone.net/6bone_hookup.html</a>&gt;
and get back in touch with me privately with any questions you may
have.<br>
6bone, from behind a firewall???</blockquote><br>
Yes, if your firewall manager doesn't mind you punching a virtual network
hole through it for the IPv6 over IPv4 packets that will flow through it
(presuming you are doing a tunnel and not a native connect).<br>
Bob<br>