IPv6 address/port format

Chris Brown 6bone@chrisbrown.org
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 10:31:29 -0500 (EST)

I would tend twords using dot-colon for host:port combinations, and
dot-slash for network/bits for two reasons.  This first is that this
is already common practice in IPv4. The second reason is that using
the same notation for two different but related purposes would
eventually lead to confusion.

Chris