Shiva Narayanaswamy snaraya2@Bayou.UH.EDU
Mon, 03 Jan 2000 19:00:42 -0600

    Thanks a lot for the reply.  I am aware of the fact that automatic
tunnelling is not very prevalent in current designs. But I am trying to
concentrate on "The Flag Day" , when we go in for a global transition to
IPv6. But I have not yet been able to arrive upon a single problem statement
on which to work. I do have a couple of more questions.
    I was wondering as to how the priority field of a IPv6 packet gets
translated while being encapsulated into an IPv4 packet, so that the same
QoS is maintained even within the tunnel. Also how do we ensure that all the
IP packets of the same flow label follow the same path and pass through the
same tunnel?

Thanks again for the response,

Shiva

> > Hi all,
> >     I am a graduate student in Houston, about to begin work on some
aspect
> > of IPv6. I am currently involved in Literary Survey, and am yet to
narrow
> > down mu problem statement. I have narrowed it down to doing some work on
> > routing aspects of 4 to 6 transition, especially concerned with
Automatic
> > Tunneling. I would be obliged if someone on the list could guide me
furthur
> > with some current problems in this area which are yet to be solved.
> >     Please add a cc to my address snaraya2@bayou.uh.edu
> > <mailto:snaraya2@bayou.uh.edu>  while replying to the mail. Thanks a lot
in
> > advance.
>

> >From a backbone aspect, there probably won't be much automatic tunneling.
The
> current designs are for native backbones and ipv6-in-ipv4 tunnels.
Currently