ipv6 web browser

Feico Dillema feico@pasta.cs.uit.no
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 03:51:14 +0100

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 06:09:54PM -0500, James Housley wrote:
> Peilei Fan wrote:
> >
> > Hello there,
> >
> > Does anyone know where I can find a good ipv6 web browser for FreeBSD or
> > linux?
> >
> /usr/ports/www/mozilla+ipv6

My trick is to use IPv4-only browser (netscape, opera) with small
www-proxy as frontend that does have v6 support. I used wwwoffle in
the past (see NetBSD pkgsrc, ftp.kame.net or our ftp site
(ftp://ftp.pasta.cs.uit.no:/pub/Vermicelli) for patches to wwwoffle.
But wwwoffle is designed for caching and pre-fetching when behind a
slow link like ISDN; it is a bit of a burden behind faster links,
so...

Last week I made a very minimal web-proxy just for the purpose of
sitting in between a v4 only browser and a v6-network. Still needs
some minor work, but already works quite ok. It is called www6to4 and
can be found on our ftp-site too.

Feico.