IPv6 sniffer and protocol analyzer

Giuliano Peritore Giuliano Peritore <g.peritore@panservice.it>
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 17:43:20 +0200

   Dear list members,

   two years ago I released a free Sniffing and Network
analyzing tool for Linux called COLD which supports a
lot of different protocols and which had discrete
success.

   The sniffer is able to gather data from different
interfaces (eth, ppp, tr, lo, isdn) and supports 802.1
BPDU, 802.2 LLC, 802.3 MAC, 802.5 Token Ring, SNAP,
NETBIOS, IPX, ARP, IPv6, ICMP6, IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP in
compliance with lots of standards and RFCs.

   Today I released a COLD beta of version 1.0.12 which
supports IPv6 and ICMP6.  IPv6 is supported either on
Ethernet or incapsulated over IPv4.

   I wrote to this list since I think this is one of
the biggest communities of experienced IPv6 users with
lots of people probably interested in the tool.  I'd
love to receive comments, suggestions and bug reports
before releasing the nonbeta version.

   Thanks in advance

   The download URL is http://www.panservice.it/cold

   Giuliano Peritore  mailto:g.peritore@panservice.it
   PANSERVICE - Direzione
   Servizi professionali per internet e il networking
   Panservice e\' socio AIIP   -   RIPE Local Registry
   Phone: +39 0773 410020   --   Fax: +39 0773 470219
   http://www.panservice.it mailto:info@panservice.it