inverse mapping for 6to4 [Re: configuring our site for ip6.int...]

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 14:18:00 -0700 (PDT)

% > > Of course, someone would have to delegate the 2.0.0.2.ip6.int. level
% > > to me.
% >
% > It seems that this domain has been delegated already.
%
% Part of the reason I am speaking up is that I can find no way to enter
% delegations into that zone. If there is a way, then I would gladly
% shut up about it. I do believe the delegatees of that zone have some
% burden to say _something_ with regards to the procedure for putting
% NS records in the zone. Even if that something is "Be patient. We're
% working on a procedure right now." :-)

	Ok, so tell me what the proceedure ought to be.
	The prefix was delegated w/o explicit instructions
	on how the tree should be mapped.

% It would indeed be nice if it was automatic, as is the 6to4
% prefix allocation. But there's no automatic way to decide which
% IPv4 addresses are 6to4 routers and which aren't. And the overwhelming
% majority of them won't be.

	Would one like a web page that lets this occur?

--
--bill