calling for help from developers

Marc Blanchet Marc.Blanchet@viagenie.qc.ca
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 22:31:27 -0400

Hi,
	We are preparing a presentation at the next IPv6Forum event in UK mid may
and want to send a positive message: porting apps to ipv6 is not difficult.
We are going to present some details on porting apps to IPv6 as well as an
example of a project we did. I'm looking for information from developers
who ported code to IPv6, specially some numbers. If people can give some
info on their porting work, it would be very useful. Credits will be given
as appropriate. I can make a summary to the list if people are interested.

For example, I'm providing a simple template to fill out:

application name:
application type (game, network app, office app,...):
language:
total number of lines of code:
lines modified for IPv6:
most important issues found:

Thanks for your help,

Regards, Marc.

PS. anyone has a script that can scan through a freebsd ports directory,
count the number of lines of code of each app and then count the number of
lines modified by the patches, all in one line perl or... ? just asking in
case someone has done that before...

Marc Blanchet
Viagénie inc.
tel: 418-656-9254
http://www.viagenie.qc.ca

Normos (http://www.normos.org): Internet standards portal:
IETF RFC, drafts, IANA, W3C, ATMForum, ISO, ... all in one place.