Question of AS

Ettikan Kandasamy ettikan@nttmsc.com.my
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 10:15:05 +0900

--0__=cKpPrWpf1QTIHHNNDan1JqvnGcOex9U0pCbwQPvdiCRFtDsSBWM7x4Oq

Does this is accepted by the RIRs ????

-ettikan

Philip Smith <pfs@cisco.com> on 04/22/2000 11:29:19 AM

To:   ksbn@kt.co.kr
cc:   6Bone-KR <6bone-kr@6bone.ne.kr>, 6Bone(WIDE) <6bone-jp@wide.ad.jp>,
      6bone(
--0__=cKpPrWpf1QTIHHNNDan1JqvnGcOex9U0pCbwQPvdiCRFtDsSBWM7x4Oq

±¹
--0__=cKpPrWpf1QTIHHNNDan1JqvnGcOex9U0pCbwQPvdiCRFtDsSBWM7x4Oq

$BNO(B) <6bone@ISI.EDU> (bcc: Ettikan Kandasamy/NTTMSC)

Subject:  Re: Question of AS

--0__=cKpPrWpf1QTIHHNNDan1JqvnGcOex9U0pCbwQPvdiCRFtDsSBWM7x4Oq

 From my view of the 6bone, most participants seem to be using the ASN they
use for their IPv4 backbones.

I'd also suspect that in the longer run it would ease migration from IPv4
only backbone to an IPv6 capable backbone if you used the same ASN. Those
organisations I have been involved with certainly are adopting that
strategy. (Their argument is that they want the IPv6 capable part of their
infrastructure to be an integral part of the existing infrastructure, not a
separate network they have to somehow peer with.)

philip
--

At 10:44 22/04/00 +0900, ksb wrote:
>How are you?
>
>I have used same IPv6 AS number for IPv4 on
>my experiment network.
>Then I have a question for the  IPv6 AS number.
>
>What is recommend that same IPv6 AS munber
>for IPv4   or    different IPv6 AS number for using
>IPv4?
>
>Thanks,
>ksb
>
>--
>   Kim, Sahng-Beom / Korea Telecom
>   TEL :    +82-42-870-8322
>   FAX :    +82-42-870-8329
>   E-mail :  ksbn@kt.co.kr
>--

Philip Smith       vm: 6178202       ph: +61 7 3238 8202
Consulting Engineering, Office of the CTO, Cisco Systems

--0__=cKpPrWpf1QTIHHNNDan1JqvnGcOex9U0pCbwQPvdiCRFtDsSBWM7x4Oq--