Cisco IOS beta with IPv6 support?

Amer Mallah snare@greenmount.org
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 01:02:13 -0400

> > Has anyone tried this on the 25xx series routers (or any router for that
> > matter)? Does it support both IPv4 and IPv6? Is it stable?
>
>   I am running the 199903 version on my 2524, and have no problems.
> Does IPv4 just fine, and has native IPv6 over a T1 to a cisco 4700 at
> work.  All static routes, but..  Works just fine, and seems fairly
> stable at least for what I'm using it for...

I'm just a bit hesitant about upgrading because it is a production system (a
local ISP). What does your running configuration look like? Does your Cisco
4700 have the IPv6 IOS? My situation is that the other end of my T1 doesn't
(and probably won't until the last minute) support IPv6. So, I'd have to
setup IPv4 to the other end of the T1 and some kind of 6to4 setup to whoever
would provide a tunnel for us. (We're located in Baltimore, MD - any takers?
:) Does the IOS support this kind of thing?

amer