About interface id in aggregatable global unicast address

Brian E Carpenter brian@hursley.ibm.com
Tue, 04 Apr 2000 14:42:47 -0500

As far as I know, although the Open Group UUID/GUID stuff was proposed
for RFC publication in 1998, it was not published. At that time it had
the defect of only supporting 48 bit IEEE addresses, not the complete
EUI-64 format. In any case, as Matt says, that has nothing to do
with IPv6, which does support EUI-64 identifiers.

  Brian