(re)use of AS numbers in 6bone routing?

Bill Sommerfeld sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 14:16:29 -0400

Is there any document which discusses the (re)use of exisiting ipv4
autonomous system numbers in 6bone routing? I can't find any mention
of it in any of the "obvious" documents on the www.6bone.net site.
rfc2546 ("6bone routing practice") mentions use of BGP4+, but doesn't
mention autonomous system numbers at all..

I'm not a routing expert -- I'm attempting to be cautious / paranoid
here.

What I'm really looking for is a statement of the form "the use of a
site's existing AS number to advertise its 6bone routes to the 6bone
BGP4+ mesh will not cause trouble in the existing production ipv4
Internet, as long as you do _________"

Thanks in advance for any input/assurance/cautions...

					- Bill