Linux operating system kernel versions

Herman Strom hermans@touro.edu
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 03:31:04 -0500 (EST)

Hi!

I am working with Slackware 6.3-beta. It runs on Linux 2.2.12 and
glibc-2.1.1. Unfortunately, IPv6 Support in 2.2.x kernel has at least
two bugs: usage counter and local-link autoconfig don't work. I am on
linux-net@vger.rutger.edu list and I asked there afew question. One of
the people from Finland answered me. He has patches that fix the above
problems and also do few good thing besides it. But unfortunately,
again, the patch is old for Linux-2.1.131. And my finnish friend
doesn't have time to rewrite it.

Tell me if you want to do the job. And I will provide you with the
necessary information.

Thanks,

Herm

---------------------------------------
Herman Strom - Academic Computing Dept.
 Touro College <http://www.touro.edu/>

-- Contact me via: --------------------
  Check out my Personal Home Page at:
    <http://hermstrom.tripod.com/>
      email: <hermans@touro.edu>
       Work Phone: 718 871-7292
       Home Phone: 718 972-2173
---------------------------------------

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Rafal Maszkowski wrote:

 On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 08:03:58PM -0500, Gregg C Levine wrote:
 > Hello from Gregg C Levine usually at Jedi Knight Computers
 > What is the current version of the kernel for the Linux
 > distributions, that support IPv6? I see a driver/module for
 > Slackware versions 4.0 to 7.0, and

 2.2.x or development (dangerous) version 2.3.x . Don't know about
 Slackware, RedHat 6.x includes kernels from 2.2 series but you have
 to compile it yourself from original or RedHat modified sources with
 IPv6 turned on.

 R.
 --
 Ale kto by mył ręce po przywitaniu się z mężem? - A. Fedorczyk