Linux operating system kernel versions

Stig Venaas venaas@itea.ntnu.no
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 07:10:49 +0100

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 08:03:58PM -0500, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> Hello from Gregg C Levine usually at Jedi Knight Computers
> What is the current version of the kernel for the Linux distributions, that
> support IPv6? I see a driver/module for Slackware versions 4.0 to 7.0, and
> those two, inconclusive are using version 2.0.34. Naturally the methods

The current stable Linux kernel is 2.2 (latest is 2.2.13) and has IPv6
support, 2.0.34 is really old. I haven't followed Slackware lately, but
I'm surprised if the current Slackware uses 2.0. Most distributions will
give you a kernel image with IPv6 disabled, so you will probably have to
compile the kernel yourself, and say yes to IPv6.

If you have more questions, please ask.

Stig

--
Stig Venaas