pchar for v6 - problem

Bruce A. Mah bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV
Fri, 05 Nov 1999 15:10:48 -0800

--==_Exmh_23037560P

If memory serves me right, Aljaz Tomaz RDSI wrote:

> I have problem compiling pchar on Linux. I'm not a Linux expert so can
> anyone help me. Here is an error:
> c++ -g -O2 -I. -DSIZEOF_BOOL=1 -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1
> -DHAVE_STRINGo
> In file included from PctestIpv6Udp.h:40,
>                  from main.cc:53:
> PctestIpv6.h:77: field `targetAddress' has incomplete type
> PctestIpv6.h:78: field `targetSocketAddress' has incomplete type
> PctestIpv6.h:79: field `icmpDestSocketAddress' has incomplete type
> PctestIpv6.h:80: field `icmpSourceSocketAddress' has incomplete type
> main.cc: In function `int main(int, char **)':
> main.cc:537: warning: implicit declaration of function `int random(...)'
> make: *** [main.o] Error 1

You need to give a little more information...like what version of Linux
you're running and the options you gave to the configure script.

It sounds like the compile process isn't finding the definition for a
"struct sockaddr_in6".  Are you sure your kernel and libraries support
IPv6?

Caveat:  I've never tested pchar for IPv6 under Linux.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_23037560P

--==_Exmh_23037560P--