Unaggregated prefixes in BGP4+ cloud

Robert J. Rockell rrockell@sprint.net
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:22:23 -0500 (EST)

Give them a week, and then filter them?   :)

Thanks
Rob Rockell
Sprintlink Internet Service Center
Operations Engineering
703-689-6322
1-800-724-3329, PIN 385-8833
Ines|e gnyne qh vagr bz s|e Ino ngg una {e hgr bpu plxyne?

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Guardini Ivano wrote:

->Hi all,
->
->during the last two weeks the number of unaggregated IPv6 prefixes
->advertised
->within the BGP4+ cloud is increased a lot (look at
->http://carmen.cselt.it/ipv6/bgp/odd-routes.html
->and http://carmen.cselt.it/ipv6/bgp/graphs/index.html) and I think that this
->is a
->very undesirable thing that should be fixed especially if we really consider
->the 6bone as a
->gymnasium for production use of IPv6.
->The ASs that are currently generating most of the unaggregated prefixes are:
->
->- AS7680 with 22 unaggregated prefixes
->- AS4556 with 20 unaggregated prefixes
->- AS2852 (CESNET) with 8 unaggregated prefixes
->- AS11008 (CENTAURI-AR) with 8 unaggregated prefixes
->
->Unfortunately I was not able to locate contact persons for AS7680 and AS4556
->in that they
->seem not to be registered in the 6bone database.
->The poor use of the 6bone registry is another critical issue that we should
->try
->to address especially for the sites participating in the BGP4+ cloud. For
->example
->I think that any pTLA or pNLA should make sure that any new downstream BGP4+
->peer
->is correctly registered in the 6bone database before setting up the
->connection.
->
->Bye
->Ivano