Application for pTLA from Dante/Terena/Quantum - review will close 8 June

Bob Fink fink@es.net
Wed, 26 May 1999 18:54:30 -0700

6bone Folk,

Per the request from Simon Nybroe (below), I'm opening a two week window for the review of a pTLA for QTP. I will close this on 8 June 99 (a little shy of 2 weeks given my scheduled departure for Vacation).

I believe this is a very important step for v6 as it represents pan-European network connectivity via IPv6 with connections to 6REN participants via the 6TAP.

Note that this will be a /28 pTLA assignment.

Thanks,

Bob

====
>Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 20:08:59 +0200
>From: Simon Nybroe <sin@tbit.dk>
>To: Bob Fink <fink@es.net>
>Subject: pTLA Request
>
>Hi,
>
>We (The ipv6 testing group under the QTP) are working on plans of
>connecting the European National Research Networks in a native IPv6 backbone.
>We plan to use a
>setup very much similar to the one used for the 6TAP. The entire project
>are to be run as an long running test under the Quantum Test Project (QTP):
>
>        <http://www.dante.net/quantum/qtp/>
>
>As the plans are right now, limited bandwidth PVCs (in the range
>0.5-2mbps) will be allocate in the TEN-155 backbone and Telebit will
>provide a IPv6 capable router as an open-ended loan.
>
>Currently we have 12 participants, many already with 6bone experience
>and the plan is to get the infrastructure established as soon as
>possible.
>
>Future experiments will include both IPv6 end-to-end as well as more
>experiments with v6 peering. For details on what we plan to do, please
>see <http://www.tbit.dk/quantum/ip6.html>. The pages in no way done, but
>they do reflect what we plan to do.
>
>The v6 peering experiments plans will require the use of a new pTLA and
>we will therefore like to request one.
>
>I understand that the current guidelines for obtaining a pTLA are the
>ones listed in RFC2546 Chapter 7. Many of the participants already holds
>pTLAs and operate under the exact same guidelines, and I can assure you
>that we have no plans to do otherwise in the context of the QTPv6 Group.
>
>--
>Simon Nybroe                          System Developer, M. Sc.
>Telebit Communications A/S            tel: +45 87 38 22 58
>Fabrikvej 11                          fax: +45 86 28 81 86
>DK-8260 Viby J                        e-mail: sin@tbit.dk
-end