Fibertel pTLA WWW site

Jeff Williams jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 12 May 1999 22:26:52 +0100

Bill and all,

bmanning@ISI.EDU wrote:

> Jeff,
>         whiis (?) is unknown to me as a DNS manipulator. whois (perhaps
> what you were really after) has two strikes against it; it is not a DNS
> manipulator -and- is not hierarchical and so unless you were
> pointing to the correct server, it would not provide you with any data.

  Sorry for the mistype on my part as it relates to "Whiis".  I did mean
to type "Whois".  I was pointing towards fibertel.com.ar in my query.

> DIG indicates that while fibertel.com.ar is delegated, the subzone
> ipv6 is not.

  Well you know as well as I do that DIG will give any of the results
you choose for DIG to provide.  Hence it is not a very accurate
tool to use for this query.  I am checking into in further however to
assess where the problem well be.

> This site has not yet registered in the ipv6 inverse tree.

  Well than it is likely that this is the case it is understandable
why it is not reachable, and therefor likely a lame delegation.

> ;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
> ;; QUERY SECTION:
> ;;      ipv6.fibertel.com.ar, type = A, class = IN
>
> ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
> fibertel.com.ar.        165w2d9h46m39s IN SOA  dns1.cvtci.com.ar. noc.fibertel.com.ar. (

 Fibertel.com.ar does not resolve.  Nor is it available via Whois.  Hence the
problem I believe here.  But I am still checking.  I shall update everyone on my
findings as I come across them.

> )
>
> The prefix does show up in the routing system though, so it is in
> similar company with large parts of the IPv4 world.

  Yes, understood Bill.  But if proper tunneling is done, there should be
no resolving problem.  And it appears that there is.  AOL cannot resolve
this address either.

> > Peter and all,
> >
> >   I am sorry, but I was NOT able to resolve this Domain name or
> > site.  "DNS No entry found"  Whiis also shows NO DNS entry
> > for .fibertel.com.ar either.  What gives?
> >
> > Peter Tattam wrote:

> > > I was able to sucessfully surf this web site.
> > >
> > > Well done.
> > >
> > > Peter
> > >
> > > --
> > > Peter R. Tattam                            peter@trumpet.com
> > > Managing Director,    Trumpet Software International Pty Ltd
> > > Hobart, Australia,  Ph. +61-3-6245-0220,  Fax +61-3-62450210
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Jeffrey A. Williams
> > CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
> > Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
> > E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> > Contact Number:  972-447-1894
> > Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208
> >

> --
> --bill

Regards,

--