Meeting on IPv6 Address Allocation Policy

Brian E Carpenter brian@hursley.ibm.com
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 11:22:00 +0000

Joe,

A multihomed IPv6 site would be expected to have multiple
prefixes, possibly taken from multiple TLAs. But multihoming
is a very hard problem, and we can't afford to delay the start
of IPv6 address assignment in the hope that someone solves it.
What we are talking about is not *whether* subTLA assignment
starts in April, but what the assignment guidelines are *when*
it starts.

    Brian