nrl-ipv6+ipsec-alpha-7.1 and OpenBSD 2.4

Craig Metz cmetz@inner.net
Tue, 02 Mar 1999 15:11:37 -0500

In message <Pine.BSI.4.05L.9903021100240.17742-100000@mars.superlink.net>, you
write:
>has anyone used this package with OpenBSD 2.4-current. I understand there
>are still issues with IPSEC. I am seeing errors with the makefile, with
>ifconfig. missing Makefile.inc. guess i will play around with it... anyone
>dropped it into 2.4-frozen ?

  The NRL Alpha 7.1 kit supports OpenBSD 2.4. That's OpenBSD 2.4. Not
OpenBSD-current.

  OpenBSD-current has the IPv6 kernel code and PF_KEY kernel code merged in.
For IPv6, you need to build the NRL Alpha 7.1 userland against the OpenBSD-
current headers to get a useful system. For PF_KEY, ipsecadm(8) has been
changed to use PF_KEY, and you can also use the pfkey(8) from the NRL kit.

								      -Craig