Proposed change in 6bone pTLA 3FFE usage - 2nd (final?) version

bmanning@ISI.EDU bmanning@ISI.EDU
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 15:00:59 -0700 (PDT)

Note that this change affects the existant documents that are being
used by the various RIR's on their delegation policies, i.e.
RFC 2450,
RFC 2471,
draft-ietf-ipngwg-iana-tla-01.txt
which appears to conflict with RFC 1897.

	I think that this change, as implemented in the 6bone should
	be incorporated by the various RIRs in their operational documents
	and be used as a reference by the IANA in their discussions
	about longer term delegation policies.
	Yes, there is a movement afoot to get real bit level delegation
	deployed in the DNS but I don't think we can wait for that.

--
--bill