Trumpet pTLA (3ffe:8000::/28) now online.

Peter Tattam peter@jazz-1.trumpet.com.au
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 23:23:27 +1000 (EST)

I know it might seem trivial to some, but we've just made history by being the
first /28 to come online to the 6bone.  Also this is a first for Australia,
Trumpet being the first pTLA in the Australian region.

There are however a couple of teething troubles that may need to be ironed out.

Firstly, some sites are filtering out /28 advertisements resulting in me not
being accesible to parts of the 6bone.  Could everyone check their BGP setups
to see if they are allowing the /28 advertisements.

The second is a minor related one, and that is that the BGP reporting and other
software will need fixing to register /28's as pTLAs from now on.

I will also need another couple of peering points, preferably within good
proximity to us in the IPv4 world.

Thanks to all those who have helped in getting this to happen.  You know who
you are :-)

Hip Hip Hooray!!!...

Peter

--
Peter R. Tattam                            peter@trumpet.com
Managing Director,    Trumpet Software International Pty Ltd