(ngtrans) ACTION: IETF 44 March Meeting 6bone connect in the terminal room

Marc Blanchet Marc.Blanchet@viagenie.qc.ca
Thu, 07 Jan 1999 10:48:29 -0500

At 09:59 99-01-07 -0500, Jim Bound wrote:
>IPv6 Folks,

Jim,
	since we provided the ipv6 connectivity to the ietf terminal room since
the last 2 ietfs, I will take care of this offline with Matt. We have some
stats on the use of v6 at the next ietf.

>I don't think all IETF meeting terminal rooms should have access to
>the IPv6 6bone and new IPv6 backbone networks we may see by March 99.

	I surely think that we must provide ipv6 connectivity to all ietf terminal
rooms. I'm really surprised to see this comment from you.  I think the
first place where ipv6 should be demonstrated fully is at the ietf.
	I would like to challenge people that for the next ietf, we will be able
to do all our work during ietf in ipv6-only: i.e. email,web,ftp,... (yes,
our company will put soon our production mail server on v6 with pop,
sendmail,..., we already have the normos site on v6 (try it with a AAAA
record http://www.normos.org) so all rfcs,internet-drafts,... are
accessible on v6),...
	We also arranged to mirror the 6bone web site on v6 (try:
http://www.6bone.net with a AAAA record).

	At least, the guys from our company will use v6-only during the next ietf.
Any other takers?

At 09:59 99-01-07 -0500, Jim Bound wrote:
>IPv6 Folks,
>
>It has come to my attention that Matt Holderidge from Ascend has relayed
>to one of my folks that IPv6 for the 6bone in the IETF 44 Meeting
>Terminal room is not getting requested.
>
>Can you all please begin to send mail to Matt (matt@ascend.com) that we
>want IPv6 in the terminal room at Minneapolis.
>
>I don't think all IETF meeting terminal rooms should have access to
>the IPv6 6bone and new IPv6 backbone networks we may see by March 99.
>
>Please let Matt hear from you.  Compaq is reviewing now if we can
>support IPv6 capable UNIX servers in the terminal room now to support
>IPv6 and why I heard this news.

At the last ietf, Compaq already supported the unix servers in v6. Mary did
that.

>thanks
>/jim

Regards, Marc.

Marc Blanchet			| Marc.Blanchet@viagenie.qc.ca
Viagénie inc.			| http://www.viagenie.qc.ca
3107 des hôtels		| tél.: 418-656-9254
Ste-Foy, Québec		| fax.: 418-656-0183
Canada, G1W 4W5		| radio: VA2-JAZ
Internet Engineering Standards/Normes d'ingénierie Internet
               http://www.normos.org