stla registry db issue

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 07:54:03 -0800 (PST)

%
% On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Bill Manning wrote:
% >
% > 	Er, that is pretty much exactly the point I was trying to make.
% > 	If Brian is right and that group is successful in restricting
% > 	announcements to /29's, how much space is wasted for the sixty
% > 	nodes that form the cluster "www.bigco.com" that has connections
% > 	to 20 major ISPs?
%
% But is "bigco.com" a transit IPv6 provider?  My understanding is that if
% it isn't, it should never be allocated its own TLA.  It should receive a
% small block from each of its ISPs.  Or am I missing something?
%
% Michael

	Nope, its not. But it has -lots- of cash and is willing to
	do whatever it takes.  Same as today for folks dealing w/ the
	micro-allocation issue.  They don't want to get a small block
	from each of their providers and run virtual interfaces, they
	want a canonical name/number mapping. e.g.  www.bigco.com
	is always reachable at 127.127.0.127.

--
--bill