question in draft-ietf-ngtrans-harden-01.txt

Bob Fink fink@es.net
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 08:38:59 -0700

At 06:04 PM 8/30/99 +0900, =?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCJU4lMCVBJTElJBsoQg==?= wrote:
>Hi, folks
>
>I have one question in draft-ietf-ngtrans-harden-01.txt.
>In Section 7.1, b, draft says
>
>        appropriate hierarchy.  This includes a high uptime
>        availability of the site router (greater than 99%). This
>
>What does this "99%" digit mean?
>
>     1) availability of bgp peering with neighbours?
>     2) availability of router machine itself?
>     3) or something else?

It is meant to be vague so so to imply high reliability in any and all
meaningful areas. It is unlikely it would ever be really measured as we are
by and large self policing, but it tries to convey intent.

Bob