replacement ipv6-site object in 6bone registry

Cyndi Jung cmj@3com.com
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 16:17:43 -0700

For whom it may concern,

I took control of our 6bone site here at 3Com a couple of months
ago, and in the course of this I noticed that we had not been
keeping our site documentation up to date.  Also, we did not have
a DNS server to keep AAAA records in, and had no web server to
describe our site.  So, I had a summer intern, Sonum Mathur, work
on the DNS server and web server for me (thanks to any of you that
gave him help this summer), and in the course of this it became
clear that we needed a separate domain name to provide us with full
authority over our names.  That in turn led ultimately to the re-creation
of the ipv6-site object in the registry.

So, I am happy to announce the new ipv6-site object 6COM, and the
web site <http://www.6com.net> that is probably still in need of
work but is getting closer.

I have some tunnels with some folks - I will be sending them mail
begging them to change their ipv6-site objects to reflect the new
name of the 3Com IPv6 site - 6COM.

Thanks,

Cyndi