6bone Prequalification for Sub-TLA assignment

Seth David Schoen schoen@uclink4.Berkeley.EDU
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 18:33:34 -0700

Jim Bound writes:

> I don't think the IETF (the entity) is associated with the 6bone in a
> manner that would cause one to have concern, and we should clear that up
> if folks do think this.  The people working on the 6bone also
> participate in the IETF, and the work is presented at IETF meetings but
> the IETF does not bless or veto stuff we do on the 6bone?  Or am I missing
> something more subtle?

The 6bone is an IETF activity:

http://www.6bone.net/

   The 6bone is an IPv6 testbed to assist in the evolution and deployment
   of IPv6, often referred to as IPng ..., in the Internet.  The 6bone
   activity is part of the ngtrans effort under the IETF.

http://www.6bone.net/ngtrans/

   The IPng Transition (ngtrans) working group of the IETF is under the
   Operations and Management Area, and has as its overall goal assisting
   in and promoting the transition to IPv6, the next generation Internet
   protocol chosen by the IETF community.

   Current ngtrans efforts are divided into two separate activities:
   tools and the 6bone.

--
              Seth David Schoen / schoen@uclink4.berkeley.edu
He said, "This is what the king who will reign over you will do."  And they