call for Orlando IETF agenda items

Robert Rockell Robert Rockell <rrockell@sprint.net>
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 12:13:32 -0500 (EST)

I think it is time for some sort of reccommended filter policy to be
discussed, as most people out there (some of which who perform bad-route
reports, yet don't filter their downstreams) are not using filters in place.
For instance, I make the bad routing report every day in Merit's report, but
my AS never shows up in the route's originating path).
I don't know if this should be added to the soon-to-be-expired
draft-ietf-ngtrans-6bone-routing-01.tx paper, or put somewhere else, but I
think it is time that this is more strictly enforced.

Filtering via route-map on cisco products works well, but I don't know that
it is widely implemented (Backbone experience, or other reasons).

If we are going to model the 6bone after real life, I think that this is
going to be a crucial issue (especially if we are going to tackle the
multi-homing problem; without filters, no one is encouraged to work on it,
as both /48's are wandering around the backbone for a downstream in many
instances...)

Just opinions.

Thanks
Rob Rockell