IPv6 and QoS?

Jon Arne Hegge jonheg@ifi.uio.no
Tue, 19 May 1998 11:32:13 +0200 (MET DST)

Hey,

I'm working on a masters thesis in University of Oslo, and I'm
wondering if anyone have a link or document describing how to
use the support for QoS in IPv6? Spesifically how to set the
flow-label field and the class-field. Or is this up to the TCP/IP
stack? I have been looking at Winsock 2, because this project will be
based on NT, and it contains support for some types of real-time traffic
and multimedia transfer.

The question is basically if the IPv6 spec. incorporates some standard for
setting the values in these fields(flow-label & class-field)?
Or maybe its an RFC I have missed..:) ?(RFC1363 comes to mind)

If this is off topic here, I apologize.

Greetings,
Jon Arne
|tlf:22 23 67 57 - *Jon Arne Hegge* - mob: 90 78 52 48|
|Email:jonheg@ifi.uio.no|URL:http://www.ifi.uio.no/~jonheg|
--===> Wherever you are, there you are <===--