as 5609

Pedro Marques roque@cisco.com
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 09:28:13 -0800 (PST)

    Guardini> Hi Pedro, I am trying to access the 6Bone backbone using
    Guardini> a cisco 4700 together with a Telebit TBC2000 (is there
    Guardini> anyone who is testing the same configuration? :-)).
    Guardini>  For this reason I have established an iBGP peering between
    Guardini> the two routers and each one is terminating some of the
    Guardini> CSELT's backbone tunnels.  Yesterday I configured the
    Guardini> Telebit router to start advertising the BGP4+ routes
    Guardini> towards the whole 6Bone in addition to the CSELT's
    Guardini> prefix (3ffe:1000::/24)

It seems that you are falling into the same problem that JOIN is/was
having sometime ago (i still filter their as to deny everything but
their prefix so i'm not sure if it is fixed): routes withdrawn by their
originators being advertised back as sourced from your AS. I'd suggest
you contact telebit and ask for a fix.

    Guardini> while the day before I was using
    Guardini> only the cisco router for that purpose.  According to
    Guardini> your e-mail it is likely that something is going wrong
    Guardini> in the interoperability between the cisco router and the
    Guardini> Telebit one.

It is not a question of interoperability... the rest of the world receives
the annoucements just fine. It is just that those annoucements should not
have been originated in the first place.

Another topic:

~> whois as5609
SHEVAT, ALLON (AS5609)          ashevat@NETVISION.NET.IL
   GROWTH RESOURCES INSTITUTE