configuring a 2-host ipv6 n/w on same link

Priyank Desai pdesai@wins.hrl.com
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 12:23:16 -0700

Hi!

I am trying to set up a ipv6 network using two machines running
linux-2.1.106. I have installed bind-8.1.1 resolver, the necessary
modutils....

MY question is :

1. How do u make the network active ( an active ipv6 network -how to
configure it

2. What will be my ipv6 address.

3. how do I test whether my network is running ipv6 or not?..send ipv6
packets ???

4. Are the other applications like TELNET, TFTP, POP, HTTP Daemon Aache,
client Chimera, TTCP, PTCP TCP Wrapper, SSH ...etc... necessary before I
see my network  as an active ipv6 network and before i test it?

please also let me know some links or rfc's which can help me meet my
goal....

thanks,

regards,

Priyank