Tunneling from a Solaris hosts.

danny@public.bjnet.edu.cn danny@public.bjnet.edu.cn
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 09:08:58 -0700

Hi, Andrew,

I am not familiar to the IPv6 stack on Solaris, but I think the
experiences on FreeBSD may be help you.

In my point of view, tunnel is a mapping from a pair of IPv6 addresses
to a pair of IPv4 addresses. So at first, you should be sure that you
have assigned the correspoding addresses to the tunnel point.

Note that you should give the source IPv6 address with /128 prefix, for
the cti0 interface has an access to a 'virtual' link, this link MUST
have it's own prefix. e.g.:

3ffe:4321:0:1234::5678/128

Reference: INRIA's IPv6 stack for FreeBSD, documents

Don't be worry! Every beginning is hard. Nice to discuss with you.

Chen Maoke
TH-CERNET
Tsinghua University
Beijing, PRC