Looking for some BGP4+ peers

Quaizar Vohra qv@3com.com
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 14:56:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
	I am looking for a couple or more of backbone nodes to create
tunnels and BGP4+ peering. This is mainly for testing our BGP4+
implementation and there a few 3Com customers who did like to join
6bone via our core node. 3Com has a pTLA prefix assigned to it.

	Lately I haven't been following the 6bone mailing list and
might be unware of the changes in operational practises for backbone
nodes. Is there a place I can find the requirements for becoming
a backbone node or can someone please summarize them. All I remember
is that apart from having a pTLA prefix, one has to host a couple
of IPv6 DNS Servers, and be able to run BGP4+.

	Also for people running BGP4+, is there a consensus on
whether the NEXT_HOP attribute is mandatory in BGP4+ or not.
As for running BGP4+ just for exchanging IPv6 routes, the
IPv4 NEXT_HOP attribute doesn't seem to serve any purpose.
What is the operational experience.

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks
Quaizar