about ASN

Yann-Ju Chu yjchui@ms.chttl.com.tw
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:49:26 +0800

We have joined 6Bone as leaf site and we have only one ISP in the
original IPv6 network connected to Internet. Thus, we have no our own
ASN in the past. Now, we wish to become a transit site and one of the
requirement is to have BGP4+ routing protocol, which must have an ASN
included.
	My question is that since a transit site usually have only one backbone
site(as ISP) connected to 6Bone, should I apply for an ASN just for
becoming an transit site? I have checked the 6Bone mail archive about
the topic, but the old discussing seems to be about the ASN in
provider-based address, not the ASN in BGP4+.
	Can anyone answer my question? Thanks a lot.
							Yann-Ju Chu
							yjchui@ms.chttl.com.tw