(ngtrans) last call for Hitachi's IPv6 over IPv4 Xlator draft forExperimental RFC forwarding

Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) kazu@iijlab.net
Tue, 01 Sep 1998 04:22:26 +0900

From: Bob Fink <rlfink@lbl.gov>
Subject: Re: (ngtrans) last call for Hitachi's IPv6 over IPv4 Xlator
  draft forExperimental RFC forwarding
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 09:38:49 -0700

> Regarding my "last call" for the Hitachi translator work, Kazuaki
> Tsuchiya has decided to split the draft up, so we will wait till he
> forwards the new one(s) before any more review.

Let me clarify.

(1) I will write up an ID on translators based on the INET '98 papar
to sophisticate our previous translator ID.

(2) Tsuchiya will write an ID on his *driver-base* duail stack
implementation. I think we cannot call it translator. Rather, it is a
technic called *bump-in-the-stack* (in IPsec terminology) for
dual-stack.

And,

(3) WIDE Project will publish our mail experience on 6bone which
explained in LA meeting. Japanese note is already on the table. I have
to translate into English.

Allow me one month or so because I'm suffering from my Ph. D paper....

--Kazu, WIDE Project