IPv6 Transitioning for future LEO IP Based Systems?

M. Fabian Foote Fabian_Foote-P13721@email.mot.com
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 15:30:29 -0700

I'm interested in transition, and trend information for IP Risk analysis
based upon the following:

        1) Transition of Ipv4 backbone to 6bone archictecture, time
frame.
        2) IPv4 and IPv6 interaction(dual stack and translator) and
interworking and API implementations.
        3) Trends for IPv4 to Ipv6 routing and name resolution by 2000
and beyond time frame.

I've assumed that over time as confidence builds to vendor routers  will
carry
native IPv6 packets, as it is expected that the 6BONE would disappear by

agreement of all parties.  But by when?  It would be replaced in a
transparent way by
production ISP and user network IPv6 Internet-wide transport.

Respectully,
--
M. Fabian Foote, Motorola SSTG / Advanced Systems Division
Senior Staff Engineer