IPv6 support on Solaris

Peter Bieringer pb@bieringer.de
Tue, 04 Aug 1998 10:23:34 +0200

At 19:52 03.08.98 +0100, James East wrote:
>Dear members,
>
>I have only just joined this list after finding out about IPv6 (which I
>am very interested in), so please forgive any "faux pas". :)
>
>I wondered if anyone could tell me what was happening with regard to the
>support of IPv6 on Sun's Solaris platform
Take a look at
http://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng/html/ipng-implementations.2.html#Solaris
or
http://playground.sun.com/pub/solaris2-ipv6/html/solaris2-ipv6.html

>, and also, how to get an IPv6
>client for Win95. I searched the FTP software site, but could not find
>anything useful.
AIK, no topical software for Win95 is available (the FTP-Software client is
out of date because it doesn't support AGU-addresses) :-(.
Perhaps, the working driver for WinNT from MS can be ported anytime from MS
to Win95/98. It's also possible that they are working on it but do not
publish anything about it (it was long not known that MS was developing a
NT-driver...).

Peter