Question about IPng addressing

Mike Crawfurd mike.crawfurd@cmg.nl
Tue, 04 Aug 1998 09:20:25 +0200

Dear people,

I'm researching IPng, and read various documents, rfc's and white
papers. Today I found something that confused me. The pages from sun's
playground,
http://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng/html/INET-IPng-Paper.html#CH7
indicated that the prefix for Provider-Based Unicast Address is 010 and
100 is reserved for Neutral-Interconnect-Based Unicast Addresses.

However in the internet-draft draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v2-05.txt
these two are not in the reservation specs, although it is a more
current document.

Are the two mentioned prefixes discarded in the new specs ? And if so,
what's the reason behind this decision ?

Thanks for all your Help,

Mike Crawfurd.

Mike Crawfurd                          Telephone. (+31) 10 253 7000
CMG Advanced Technologies Industries   Telefax.   (+31) 10 253 7033
Kralingseweg 241, 3062 CE Rotterdam    Mobile.    (+31) 65 534 7574
The Netherlands                        Email.     mike.crawfurd@cmg.nl