On the peering of pTLAs...

Bob Fink RLFink@lbl.gov
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 18:39:33 -0700

Alain's mail below on using RTT info for helping to determine optimal
backbone peering is a good one.

Has anyone thought of good ways/metrics to decide how pTLA sites can
determine what other pTLA sites to peer with to avoid the old backbone mode
of everyone just trying to peer with everyone?

My hope in all this conversion/backbone-cleanup is that we gain the
necessary reliability to have a reliable backbone.  pTLA sites need to be
ready to provide reliable service!  (sorry to preach :-)

Anyway, ideas and suggestions needed (to the list please), and appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob