survey on expected transition dates for the 6bone

David Lee dlee@visc.vt.edu
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 15:16:06 -0400 (EDT)

> "4. that the old testing addresses (RFC 1897) be discontinued on the
> backbone as early as October 1 (by sites already renumbered) and not later
> than November 1 when the newly addressed backbone is scheduled to be fully
> online."
> ===
>
> So...my question is, is this reasonable?
>
> I would like to ask 6bone participants (all sites, not just backbone sites)
> to send to this list their estimate of ability to convert to the new
> address format, and when they believe it could be done.

It'll probably take us no later than a week to renumber the Virginia Tech
site, from the time I get a SLA, and verify that everything from DNS and
connectivity to our providers works.

--
     David C. Lee - Ph.D. Candidate - ECE Instructor - Email dlee@vt.edu
 URL http://www.visc.vt.edu/~dlee - Phone 1-540-231-8398 - Fax 1-540-231-3362