Release 5.2 is now available

bmanning@ISI.EDU bmanning@ISI.EDU
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 11:11:44 -0700 (PDT)

> >Also, as Bill Manning has pointed out the two addressing formats will
> >co-exist in the 6bone for a while.
>
> The goal is to move away from the old address format as quickly as
> possible. In reality it should be what the 6bone community agrees on, and I
> haven't heard much yet on this from the mailer.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

Hum.  A goal for some will be to move from one address format to another.
As I understand, both types remain valid and ought to be accepted.
The IPv4 analogy I might use here is:

	"People must renumber all the hosts in the 1-126 range
	 and go to the 192 range since the 192 range has CIDR
	 support and the 1-126 does not."

Or is there something else going on here?

--bill