Comment on 6bone map

Chongeun Lee chong@mail52.mitretek.org
Tue, 7 Oct 97 18:26:14 -0400

Bob,

Following your input, I looked at

       http://www.cs-ipv6.lancs.ac.uk/ipv6/6Bone/Maps/

and

       http://www.cs-ipv6.lancs.ac.uk/ftp-archive/6Bone/Maps/6Bone.gif

I can see how it would be more efficient to have machine generated
maps/diagrams as more and more sites are being added to 6bone and frequent
changes/updates are being made on the 6bone structure and 6bone database.

But when you are talking about moving to this new automated map, were you also
planning on changing the design of these maps?   From the user's perspective,
I felt quite dizzy trying to decipher what was written around the circle edge.
 Some words looked overlapped with other letters.  And even if I could read
all of them, it looked too messy for me to do any planning for my testing.

At the moment, I just wish to be able to see all the pTLA's, NLA's etc. along
with the leaf sites in a clearly legible, well-organized format, plus each
site's information in the 6bone database.  The current 6bone map has served me
very well so far.

Chongeun