6bone registry information

davidk@isi.edu davidk@isi.edu
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 18:52:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

A temporary replacement machine has been setup and is up and running. As
far as I can see, no information is lost. Queries and updates will work
as normal, however since we had to update DNS, whois.6bone.net might
point to the wrong machine for a while. Thus, if you cannot connect to
whois.6bone.net, use brind.isi.edu instead. Also, the automatic lookup of
person/role information, when doing an ipv6-site/inet6num query, is not
supported. The ftp site with raw database files is not supported on the
replacement machine but you can get the same information through the web
site at: http://www.isi.edu/~davidk/6bone/. This service will be
restored, when time allows, later next week.

David K.
---