maps/diagrams for the 6bone

Bob Fink RLFink@lbl.gov
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 08:39:28 -0700

It is time for the issue of updating the 6bone maps.  The current maps are
out of date, and certainly don't reflect the new backbone or recent sites
added.

Andrew Scott, of Lancaster University, has developed several automatically
generated maps based on the new addressing structure.  Take a look at:

http://www.cs-ipv6.lancs.ac.uk/ftp-archive/6Bone/Maps

and specifially look at:

http://www.cs-ipv6.lancs.ac.uk/ftp-archive/6Bone/Maps/backbone.gif

If it is possible these (or a variant) would suffice for our uses, it would
have many advantages over the manually done ones.  I see these advantages
as accuracy, being up-to-date, and, my favorite, no work by me :-)

Disadvantages would be the need to be more disciplined with our 6bone
registry information used to build the maps, and the complexity of
specifying and implementing the automated diagram.

Thus I would like to hear from 6bone participants as to what use the
diagrams are.

Comments to the mailer please.

Thanks,

Bob