While Waiting...

bmanning@ISI.EDU bmanning@ISI.EDU
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 11:21:38 -0800 (PST)

Trying to follow in the grand tradition, and while waiting for the majic
strings to pop up from my mailing list search (anyone care to pass on the group
id/password so I can update these objects on the RIPE ftp service?)

I offer up these two new objects.  The one is at ISI and the other is one hop
off the LA exchange point, sometimes called MAE-LA.

site:           ISI-6BONE
location:       Los Angeles
prefix:         5FBC:1100/32
ping:           5FBC:1100::8009:A01A
tunnel:         128.9.160.26 192.31.7.104     CISCO/US RIPng operational
tunnel:         128.9.160.26 198.32.146.11    LAP/US RIPng operational
tunnel:         128.9.160.26 131.103.1.54  CICNET/US RIPng operational
contact:        bill manning <bmanning@isi.edu>
status:         operational since Mar-97
remark:         DNS operational for reverse zones
changed:        bmanning@isi.edu 970311
source:         RIPE

site:           LAP-EXCHANGE
location:       Los Angeles
prefix:         5FBC:1000/32
ping:           5FBC:1000::C620:920B
tunnel:         198.32.146.11 128.9.160.26 LAP/US RIPng operational
contact:        bill manning <bmanning@isi.edu>
status:         operational since Mar-97
remark:         DNS operational for reverse zones
remark:         Willing to add tunnels on request
remark:         One hop from Genuity/Cerfnet/LosNettos/InterNex & others
changed:        bmanning@isi.edu 970311
source:         RIPE

Anyone wishing to setup a tunnel to either should email
me and I'll get back in touch.  Note that I'd prefer to
host the tunnels off the LAP point, with the exception of
the CARIN/DARTNET/SCAN links that terminate inside ISI, if
they would like to move.

--bill