new addressing plan

Dimitry Haskin dhaskin@baynetworks.com
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 13:54:44 -0400

At 09:34 AM 6/10/97 -0700, Pedro Marques wrote:

>Is this the general opinion ?
>
>Personaly i believe our present aproach is superior since it does not
>require any registry...

It is not that we can't get away without registry at 6bone for some time.
It is that we need to start testing addressing concepts to their full
extend asap. This includes registry operations and address delegation which
are important components in overall scheme.  The fact that there is no
operational v6 registry has become detrimental to the v6 deployment effort
since it contributes to the perception that v6 lacks even basic deployment
logistics.

Dimitry