6bone Agenda for Munich - draft version of 18Jul97

Bob Fink RLFink@lbl.gov
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:30:30 -0700

Gentle 6bone folk,

The following is my first draft of an agenda for the ngtrans 6bone session.
Please comment, to the mailer, to make adds, changes and deletions,
especially re the action items and items I need suggestions for.

I'm sure I'm missing many items we should be talking about, so please let
me know :-)

Remember that the 6bone activity is now part of ngtrans, so you have to
take care to attend the right ngtrans meeting.

The ngtrans meetings are now scheduled as follows:

>This is to confirm three 1-hour session for NGTRANS as follows:
>
>        Tuesday, August 12 at 1415-1515 (opposite isn, bmwg, pppext, idmr
>        Tuesday, August 12 at 1545-1800 (opposite grip, run, tn3270e, poisson
>                ftpect, mobileip, mmusic)
>
>Combining the 1545-1645 and 1700-1800 sessions counts as one normal session.

The first session is the old transition tools meeting, the combined 1545
session is for the 6bone.

Thanks,

Bob

ngtrans-6bone Agenda - Munich IETF
Tuesday, August 12, 1545-1800 (with a cookie break at 1645 :-)

1. Introduction and agenda bashing - Bob Fink

2. Status of Action Items from Memphis

2.1. CAIRN Backbone Proposal - Allison Mankin
    (Allison should give an update on her proposal/plans)

2. 2. RFC1987 changes to use virtual IPv6 provider ID - Hsin Fang
    (are we abandoning or closing this - Hsin?)

2.3. Aggregation-Based Addressing Structure for 6bone - Bob Fink
    (will result in the overview Bob Fink will do shown below)

2.4. I-D "Representing IPv6 Tunnels in RPSL" - David Meyer
    (maybe this is closed - Dave?)

2.5. New 6BONE registry - David Kessens
    (David should give a report on this)

2.6. DNS for localized 6bone routing registry information - Bill Manning
    (maybe this is closed - Bill?)

2.7. Volunteers for I-D on requirements for new 6bone infrastructure - Bob Fink
    (Bob will give status)

2.8. Survey of host and router implementations on 6bone - Bob Fink
    (no progress, let's discuss what's appropriate to do - Bob Fink)

3. Backbone/Transit Planning

3.1.  connectivity among backbone sites

3.2.  policies for becoming a backbone site

3.3.  6bone connectivity planning in the UK

3.4.  other??

4. ip6.int versus icmp-based address lookup

4.1.  do we continue with ip6.int or rely on the new icmp mechanism?
(not promoting here, just wanting to have our direction clear - Bob)

4.2.  other??

5. Test Addressing Plan

5.1.  Overview - Bob Fink

5.2.  Assigning test addresses - XXXX

5.3.  Making the conversion on the 6bone - XXXX

5.4.  other??

6. Testing site renumbering - need suggestions , if any

7. Applications - need suggestions , if any

8. New implementations - need suggestions , if any

9. New tools - need suggestions, if any

-end