new 6bone backbone links diagram - version 21

Bob Fink RLFink@lbl.gov
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 08:44:18 -0700

new 6bone backbone links diagram - version 21

	http://www.6bone.net/6bone-bblinks.html

	remove SURFNET tunnels to BAY, CISCO and DIGITAL-CA

	change UUNET/UK tunnels from RIPng to BGP4+ for TELEBIT and G6

Two things to note here:

1.  The TELEBIT to UUNET BGP4+ peering is the first Cisco to non-Cisco
BGP4+ peering that's been done on the 6bone (please correct me if this is
wrong).

2.  SURFNET cutting back extra links in the backbone mesh is a trend we
should all follow to minimize links we don't need in a backbone.  The
purpose is NOT to fully conenct the backbone, rather to provide the links
that are appropriate (don't ask me to define that one :-).

Thanks,

Bob