weird RIP prefix: 5f00::/16

Matthew R. Ganis (914) 684-4575 ganis@VNET.IBM.COM
Fri, 24 Jan 97 15:08:30 EST

"Alain Durand" <Alain.Durand@imag.fr> writes:

>Another question is: should a default route or a 5f00::/8 route
>be advertised by someone? If yes by who?
>
>I personnaly tend to think that such routes should not be advertised.

Well, I think a default route or a route of 5f00::/8 is perfectly
valid from a backbone router to a leaf node  (or whatever the
final terminology is).  I think it should be considered illegal
for a leaf node to advertise a default (or 5f00::/8) back to the
backbone.

maybe i'm just stating the obvious, but I thought I'd put it out there.

                                         Matt Ganis.

"The best way to get praise    |        Return Address:
  is to die"                   | IBM VNET: GANIS at RHQVM19
              Italian Proverb  | Internet: ganis@vnet.ibm.com