Routing toward CSELT/IT

Guardini Ivano Ivano.Guardini@cselt.stet.it
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 14:49:45 +0100

Hi,

I'm Ivano Guardini from CSELT/IT. Now CSELT has three tunnels with three
6Bone backbone sites:

               CSELT <----------------> G6
                          <----------------> SICS
                          <----------------> ESNET

We use these tunnels (and not the tunnel with POLITO) for the routing of
the 6Bone traffic.
We also have other tunnels with other italian 6Bone sites (POLITO/IT and
CEFRIEL/IT) but we route through these tunnels only the italian 6Bone
traffic (I mean that we route through the tunnel between CSELT and
POLITO only the 6Bone traffic with a destination inside POLITO and
through the tunnel between CSELT and CEFRIEL only the 6Bone traffic with
a destination inside CEFRIEL).

I observed that I receive the reply to most of my ICMP Echo Requests
from the tunnel with POLITO. This is not the best path!

Please route all the traffic toward CSELT through G6, ESNET or SICS!!!!

           Bye
                        Ivano

Ivano Guardini  CSELT SpA
via G. Reiss Romoli 274  Torino (Italy)